Saturday, October 12, 2013

Triple tree and wheels

Today I started on the wheels. I sand basted the front wheel after I removed the front rotor.

The rotor will be cross-drilled before it is reinstalled, il get to that soon.


The wheels are cleaning up nicely. I also decided to work on the triple tree clamps. I got tired of looking at them, dirty on the work bench. This, unfortunately is the only "before" picture I have of the top clamp.


Here are some shots of the work I did. 


Sand blasted the leading light cluster.


Sand blasted and repainted the upper clamp. 



Looks good as new! 
I also did more work on the forks. I was going to paint them but after all the work I did with sanding them, I want to show it off. 


Before I started on the lowers.


After about 5 minutes with a sand blaster.


This is after sanding with 180,400,and 600 grit paper. I'm going to go higher and hit the spots I missed, but you get the idea. 


The new tail light came in last night along with the new battery. Here are pictures of mounting the light.




 I am very happy with the new tail light. And this is what will be powering the electronics.

 
Well, that's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment